[vbox-dev] Virtualbox 4.3.2 - VM hosting processes crashes on VM shutdown

Magnus Madsen madsen.magnus at gmail.com
Mon Nov 4 13:26:18 GMT 2013

Hi,
I've discovered an error that occurs in the following situation:

Host: Windows 7
Guest: Any version of Windows.

* Start up a VM.
* Create an IGuestSession.
* Shut down the VM using IConsole.powerDown() without first calling
IGuestSession.Close().

For me this crashes the VM hosting process, no matter if it is the standard
one or VBoxHeadless.
I can attach a log for a VM that crashes, but I don't see anything in it
that looks wrong.

This only happens if the VM is running a newer (4.3+) version of the Guest
Additions.

Obviously it is good practice to close the session, but I still believe
that it is not an expected behavior that the hosting process crashes.

Thank you for any assistance.

Magnus Madsen