[vbox-dev] SVN requires libvpx-dev

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon May 13 10:15:25 GMT 2013

Hi,

On Monday 06 May 2013 08:49:59 Frank Mehnert wrote:
> On Saturday 04 May 2013 21:23:19 Perry Halbert wrote:
> > I changed the testing logic in configure to allow version 0.9.0 and the
> > build compiles without error and seems to function properly.  I guess
> > the real question is will this come back to bite me in the seat of the
> > pants or are the changes from 0.9.0 to 1.0.0 not one that will cause
> > problems?  I really don't want to break the OEL-6.4 dependencies unless
> > I simply must.
> >
> > __Copied from archive, using a different email client.__
> >
> > Seems to be checking for version libvpx* => 1.0.0
> > Trying to install Version 1.0.0 warns about breaking dependencies on
> > OEL6.4  Any idea how to make this build with version 0.9.0 or is this a
> > lost cause until OEL upgrades?
>
> at the moment, the VPX stuff is still disabled for public SVN builds.
> I've disabled the VPX check in configure.
>
> We did not test VPX 0.9.0 yet so this version may indeed work. We will
> verify if this version is sufficient.

I just want to update that the minimal required version of libvpx is now
0.9.5. On systems without this library or with an older version of this
library, use './configure --disable-libvpx' to disable support for video
recording.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher