[vbox-dev] SVN requires libvpx-dev

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Mon May 6 06:49:59 GMT 2013

Hi Perry,

On Saturday 04 May 2013 21:23:19 Perry Halbert wrote:
> I changed the testing logic in configure to allow version 0.9.0 and the
> build compiles without error and seems to function properly.  I guess
> the real question is will this come back to bite me in the seat of the
> pants or are the changes from 0.9.0 to 1.0.0 not one that will cause
> problems?  I really don't want to break the OEL-6.4 dependencies unless
> I simply must.
>
> __Copied from archive, using a different email client.__
>
> Seems to be checking for version libvpx* => 1.0.0
> Trying to install Version 1.0.0 warns about breaking dependencies on
> OEL6.4  Any idea how to make this build with version 0.9.0 or is this a
> lost cause until OEL upgrades?

at the moment, the VPX stuff is still disabled for public SVN builds.
I've disabled the VPX check in configure.

We did not test VPX 0.9.0 yet so this version may indeed work. We will
verify if this version is sufficient.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert | Software Development Director, VirtualBox
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany

Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher