[vbox-dev] VMs from MacPorts build fail to start (update)

Vasily Levchenko vasily.levchenko at oracle.com
Tue Jan 22 01:08:11 GMT 2013

Hi, Roy,
On Jan 21, 2013, at 11:31 PM, Roy Liu <royliu at macports.org> wrote:

> Hi Vasily,
>
> Your patch worked like a charm! I am in your debt, as this issue has dragged on for months. This is the commit I made to the MacPorts trunk.
>
> http://trac.macports.org/changeset/101907
>
> Also, please find the relevant patch attached. It's basically your fix, with the LLVMGCC42 to APPLEGCC42 replacement done in place. Does it look OK to you?

Thanks for testing ;).

Yes, change set looks good.

> I have a lingering question about the addition of the two lines in kLdrModMachO.c and mach-o.h. What is their purpose, in light of using   Apple GCC 4.2 instead of the LLVM toolchain?

These, load commands appears when ld from Apple gcc is involved in R0 module linking. At runtime these modules are loaded with VBox's loader which having no instructions about processing them just aborted loading. Fortunately, this load commands are ignorable so the change was really small.