[vbox-dev] VMs from MacPorts build fail to start (update)

Roy Liu royliu at macports.org
Mon Jan 21 19:31:35 GMT 2013

Hi Vasily,

Your patch worked like a charm! I am in your debt, as this issue has
dragged on for months. This is the commit I made to the MacPorts trunk.

http://trac.macports.org/changeset/101907

Also, please find the relevant patch attached. It's basically your fix,
with the LLVMGCC42 to APPLEGCC42 replacement done in place. Does it look OK
to you?

I have a lingering question about the addition of the two lines
in kLdrModMachO.c and mach-o.h. What is their purpose, in light of using
Apple GCC 4.2 instead of the LLVM toolchain?

Thanks again and regards,
Roy