[vbox-dev] Virtual box and Brltty for Windows and NVDA again

Mgr. Janusz Chmiel chmeljanusz at seznam.cz
Tue Aug 20 19:45:44 GMT 2013

Dear core developers,
I have finally found out The reason, why my braille device button inside
Tieman Braille Voyager could not be used while runing Windows XP inside
virtual machine.
I had to let NVDA screen reader to blink with The Braille device cursor.
If cursor blinkink have been set for 1000 milliseconds, i had to wait
more seconds untill NVDA reacted on The braille key stroke.
If cursor blinkink have been set for 200 milliseconds for example, i
could get The buttons work very fast.
But i can not set this value for too lov value, because Wxpython, which
is containing software pump, which is pumping The other parts of The
NVDA core components to work in The multitasking mode have also timer
set to some milliseconds value, so i can not let NVDA to blink with
Braille cursor with The same speed as a Wxpython software pump cicle is
set to.
I would like to thank You, that You have develop Virtual box so
effective, that The CPU s not being over burned while running Windows XP.
MY CPU fan is working at The lovest speed even Windows XP is running for
many hours inside virtual computer.