[vbox-dev] Bug in vboxServiceWrappers.php

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Tue Aug 20 18:01:36 GMT 2013

Hi Ian,

On 15.08.2013 18:21, Ian Moore wrote:
> Hello,
>
> function setGroups in vboxServiceWrappers.php does not allow groups to
> be set. Line 2176 should be changed from:
>
> if (is_null($value) || is_scalar($value)) {
>
> to:
>
> if (is_null($value) || is_scalar($value) || is_array($value)) {
>
> Though I'm not really sure what checking for the type of the passed
> value buys. I don't see a case where setGroups would ever be passed a MOR.

I'm no scripting language expert either, so I don't dare to change such
things without much more investigation (and I don't have time for
that)... and this was fixed in trunk almost a year ago (apparently the
backport was forgotten, because James Lucas provided the patch September
last year and it was integrated (together with a substantial code
style/indentation cleanup) quickly after that.

Whatever, I have the backport prepared on my system, just waiting for
tomorrow so that I don't interfere with a big build which is going on
right now. The next 4.2 maintenance release will have the necessary SDK
update.

BTW: vboxServiceWrappers.php is a generated file, so there's no point in
changing it directly.

Many thanks for the gentle reminder,

Klaus