[vbox-dev] Chromium WebGL vs Angle WebGL

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Apr 29 18:49:58 GMT 2013

Hello Michael,

Perhaps I am missing something here, but first I have trouble seeing
what ANGLE should provide which we are currently lacking (in fact I am
not quite sure what you feel is wrong with our current solution at all
which cannot be fixed in place), and secondly it looks from its web page
like a Windows-only library to run OpenGL ES on top of DirectX rather
than a cross-platform one to translate DirectX into WebGL.  I am not
even quite clear either why you think we need such a library - are you
considering Windows guests being displayed in a host web browser?  And
if so, do you think that ANGLE would be suitable for being embedded into
a guest display driver?

Regards,

Michael