[vbox-dev] [Patch] kBuild Haiku Fixes v1

Ramshankar ramshankar.venkataraman at oracle.com
Tue Sep 11 12:24:21 GMT 2012

On 09/11/12 12:33 AM, Knut St. Osmundsen wrote:
> Hi Alexander,
>
> thanks for the fixes. I've applied the relevant ones.
>
> The sed code have received a few haiku hacks so that it now builds with both compilers and doesn't crash.  The crash was in mbrtowc and seems to be a haiku issue and be unrelated to the age of the sed code (this code works on lots of systems).  So, I've just created a ASCII mbrtowc implementation in sed.c to work around this.
>
> The bootstrapped binaries are checked in r2659 ( http://svn.netlabs.org/kbuild/changeset/2659 ).
>
> One thing I haven't done yet it making the 2nd bootstrap stage work with gcc2. This requires a new tool for gcc v2, honestly not sure how useful this is, so I'll postpone that for now.
>
> Enjoy,
>   Knut.

Great! now that the kBuild integration is done, I can look into
integrating the Haiku additions into the sources.

Alexander, could you please point me to the latest diff you have?

http://pub.haikufire.com/haiku/optionalpackages/ does not resolve here
and I suspect those are only the binaries anyway.

I located a git-hub repository https://github.com/scgtrp/vbox-haiku but
I ran into certicates issue over http proxy when I clone the repository
in the Haiku VM.

One of François' links:
http://revolf.free.fr/beos/patches/virtualbox-haiku-port-004.diff seems
to include partial host support and OS-type changes which I won't be
integrating.

Could you please attach or post a link to the latest diff. you have, it
would be very helpful.

Also; is there any specific version of Haiku I should be using in order
to get these built? I'm currently on 42717 (GCC4).

Regards,
Ram.