[vbox-dev] problems compiling VB 4.1.10 on Fedora 16

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Fri Mar 16 10:04:34 GMT 2012

On Thursday 15 March 2012 19:56:36 Sérgio Basto wrote:
> On Thu, 2012-03-15 at 16:48 +0100, Frank Mehnert wrote:
> > Sérgio,

> > > I will check that , I had terrible week, So as quick notes,
> > > and fix when disable webservices ?
> > > someone convert for me sysV init script into new systemd init script ?
> > > are you interesting in upstream that ?
> >
> > the fix I mentioned does not disable the web services but should allow
> > you to compile it on Fedora 16.
>
> ok,
> I had problems compiling with --enable-webservice and with
> --disable-webservice also,  giving this error:
>
> install: cannot stat `obj/bin/vboxwebsrv': No such file or
> directory
> install: cannot stat `obj/bin/webtest': No such file or directory
>

> your patch also have a fix for --disable-webservice ?

--disable-webservice is not necessary as the webservice is disabled
by default. After you run ./configure, make sure to remove the complete
out/ directory before you compile VirtualBox again.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Senior Manager Software Development Desktop Virtualization, VirtualBox