[vbox-dev] Connect to remote vboxwebsrv

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Wed Mar 7 18:29:23 GMT 2012

On 07.03.2012 17:56, Johan Roussay wrote:
> So, I have my web server wich contain the API code, its IP is 10.21.2.81.
> I try to access to a vboxwebsrv instance running on a machine A with the IP 10.21.2.71.
> I launch vboxwebsrv on A with the option --host 10.21.2.81 (or in the /etc/default/virtualbox, I guess it's the same).
> Then from the web server I try, without success, to connect to 10.21.2.71:18083

Misunderstanding obviously... with --host you must specify the IP
address of the system where vboxwebsrv is running, in your case 10.21.2.71.

It's the wrong place to discuss the details of how the network API in
most of today's OSes is ticking, and vboxwebsrv isn't different from the
other pieces of software which deal with network traffic.

In general, if you want the webservice to accept connections on all
interfaces, you can also specify 0.0.0.0.

Klaus

> Le 7 mars 2012 à 17:15, Frank Mehnert a écrit :
>
>> Hmm, if you set VBOXWEB_HOST in /etc/default/virtualbox then the
>> '-H' parameter is passed to vboxwebsrv which is equivalent to '--host'.
>>
>> Frank
>>
>> On Wednesday 07 March 2012 16:52:27 Johan Roussay wrote:
>>> Sorry !
>>>
>>> vboxwebsrv --host 10.10.10.10
>>>
>>> It looks like not to read the conf file ...

>> --
>> Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
>> Senior Manager Software Development Desktop Virtualization, VirtualBox
>> ORACLE Deutschland B.V.&  Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt, Germany
>>
>> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
>> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>>
>> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
>> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
>> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
>> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

Oracle <http://www.oracle.com>
Dr. Klaus Espenlaub | Snr. Manager Software Development Desktop
Virtualization
Phone: +49 7151 60405 205 <tel:+49715160405205>
Oracle VM VirtualBox

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Werkstr. 24 | 71384 Weinstadt

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG
Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz

Geschäftsführer: Alexander van der Ven, Astrid Kepper, Val Maher

Green Oracle <http://www.oracle.com/commitment> 	Oracle is committed to