[vbox-dev] my patches for VirtualBox-4.2.0 on Fedora 17+

Sérgio Basto sergio at serjux.com
Fri Dec 21 08:35:28 GMT 2012

Hi,

On Qui, 2012-12-20 at 13:40 +0100, Michael Thayer wrote:
> >> I want unblundle $(VBOX_PATH_X11_XFREE_4_3)/, if not required have
> >> a rule in kmk that doesn't try to build it, would be nice.
> The intention was that the lines
>    "SYSMODS := $(filter-out vboxvideo_drv%,$(SYSMODS))"
> and
>    "SYSMODS := $(filter-out vboxmouse_drv%,$(SYSMODS))"
> in the src/VBox/Additions/x11/vbox[video|mouse]/Makefile.kmk should do
> just this.  Do they not work as intended?

OK I check it

> I took a brief look and it probably merits a deeper one (so still not
> forgotten, but still waiting).  Your patch duplicates a few definitions
> and things from Mesa headers inside the source file.  This makes me
> wonder whether we could safely drop the dependency on those headers
> altogether (system or bundled no matter).

Could not be easy ...

> Since I didn't write the code
> though I will need to find the time to look at it properly.

Sorry for my weak English, I rephrase that , liblzf and kmk part force
to use bundle source, could we have one option to use the system one?

> They aren't used on recent Linux systems, but we also support building
> on older ones.  Here a patch to simply remove them from Fedora's
> distributed version of the source code might make sense if you really
> can't live with it.  Unless we were to take the decision to publish a
> bundle-sanitised second copy of the source (this is just a thought on my
> part, so don't hold your breath waiting for it to happen yet).

Not a problem , I remove all bundle code, that I can remove, to make
sure that is not use, is just a safer way.

Thanks,
--
Sérgio M. B.