[vbox-dev] Meet error when I compile

shining.vm shining.vm at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 02:48:07 GMT 2012

Yes, you are right, I didn't point to it with configure.vbs.
Thanks.

Ning-ning Shi(Shining)
Changchun,China
Home page:shiningning.tk

From: Klaus Espenlaub
Date: 2012-12-18 00:29
To: vbox-dev
Subject: Re: [vbox-dev] Meet error when I compile
On 17.12.2012 03:58, shining.vm wrote:
> Hi,All
> I meet the error when I compile the vbox.
> Who know how to fix it?
> mk_redirect.exe: error: _spawnvp(_P_WAIT, "python-not-found.exe", ...)
> failed: No such file or directory

This is a build config inconsistency - you have no python on your system
(or didn't point to it with configure.vbs) but you're compiling
something which needs it. Python is not mandatory for a typical build
though, as the typical Windows VirtualBox package doesn't contain python
code.

Can't tell just by the single line what feature fails to build due to
missing python.

Klaus

P.S.: Please stay on the mailing list - I can't offer personal support.