[vbox-dev] Debugging VirtualBox

Xabier Ugarte Pedrero xabilistas at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 08:38:30 GMT 2011

Hello,

I am trying to develop a Java application to debug VirtualBox, using the
xpcom interface. I have read the SDK reference, and I found the
specifications for the IMachineDebugger interface. This interface has
methods for checking and modifying register values, memory space, and
even for enabling or disabling single step execution, but I cannot find
any method to execute instructions in a single-step way (equivalent to
the 't' command in the debugger console).

Is there any way to execute instructions in single step mode from Java
xpcom or any other programming interface?

Thank you in advance.