[vbox-dev] Resizing of Windows guest not working in SVN Build =>r39104

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Fri Oct 28 17:42:54 GMT 2011

More testing shows this not to be guest addition related.  It appears to
be host side as far as I can tell and affects Windows guests only.  If
the guest is set to a size before you update there is no issue it starts
at the size stored in the .vbox file.  If however you try to resize the
guest down and back up with the mouse drag it will decrease but it can
not be increased.

As you can see this is indicating the size change, however the frame
does grow but the guest does not.  This is an XP-x86_64 guest.

VirtualBox 4.1.51_OSE r39122 linux.amd64 (Oct 28 2011 12:13:38) release log
00:00:50.859 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1281x704x0) at 0
00:00:51.057 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1303x716x0) at 0
00:00:51.332 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1315x723x0) at 0
00:00:51.539 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1358x754x0) at 0
00:00:51.720 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1359x755x0) at 0
00:00:51.970 VMMDev::SetVideoModeHint: got a video mode hint
(1360x755x0) at 0