[vbox-dev] No Good v4.1.x release to date. Please make more community BETAs

walt w41ter at gmail.com
Fri Oct 14 17:31:56 GMT 2011

On 10/09/2011 08:36 AM, Huihong Luo wrote:
> yes, the hang was caused by vboxmouse.sys, you can disable it to get rid of this issue.
>
> I have submitted a pacth that fixed this. The patch is checked into latest svn.
>
> --- On Sun, 10/9/11, walt <w41ter at gmail.com> wrote:
>

>     From: walt <w41ter at gmail.com>

>     Has anyone else had problems with guest additions 4.1.2 and 4.1.4 on
>     (specifically) Windows 7 guests?
>
>     I find that the guest hangs forever while shutting down after installing
>     the guest additions.

Some followup:  I just discovered that guest additions 4.1.4 works
normally on Win7, but I had to delete 4.1.0 first, rather than upgrade
directly to 4.1.4.  No idea why.

A completely different problem from the latest Windows Updates:
I found that the latest security update to .NET 4 causes the Win7
guest to crash during the update step.

I fixed the problem by deleting .NET 4 from the guest machine, thus
avoiding the update completely.  Dunno if this is specific to vbox
guests because I have no 'real' Win7 machines to compare with.