[vbox-dev] linux kernel taint?

Perry Halbert phalbert at cox.net
Tue Oct 11 18:59:04 GMT 2011

Stone throwing seems to be the way of things these days.  Some figure if
they throw enough they will actually hit an issue.  I would be more
interested in see the actual tickets myself and seeing what the problem
really is, but here again this was not given so how could anyone expect
to take it seriously.

I myself suspect this has more to do with politics than actual issues,
but that would be speculation without proof which is again lacking.
Anyway how could you take someone seriously that plainly puts something
like this is crap, or garbage in a code field.  Sounds more like sour
grapes to me.

Besides kernel_taint just seems to be a way to not have to deal with
issues.  Look at Debian kern.log after you install the non-free nVidia
drivers.  Debian does not want to support it so they taint it.  This
does not necessarily mean that the drivers are bad, just that the
maintainer does not want to deal with it.

Oh well off my soap box.