[vbox-dev] vbox guestcontrol copyto issues

QiangHuang qianghuang87 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 02:30:37 GMT 2011

Hi All.

I encountered some problems when i was using vbox guetscontrol
commands, in the enviroment of vbox 4.1.16

For copyfrom, it is ok. But the copyto command always caused
errors.The command listed below :

VBoxManage.exe guestcontrol "WinXP" copyto "c:\\JDK.chm" "c:\\"
--username "user" --password "123456"

The error info showed like this :

0%...
Progress state: VBOX_E_IPRT_ERROR
VBoxManage.exe: error: Client error 2147483680 while processing input data.
VBoxManage.exe: error: Error processing "c:\\JDK.chm", rc=VERR_GENERAL_FAILURE

It seems the command only copied the first 64kb of the file into the
guest os system.
And according to the log and UI output guest os , a process executing
'vbox_cat' cmd was stuck, which was started by VBoxService.exe.

Later, I found that a bug was post here, Does it mean that it is a bug
for vbox now ?
https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/8453

Could anyone give me some clues to solve this.
My hots OS system is Windows7 64b, and guest for WinXP sp3. The
version of VirtualBox is 4.1.16.

Thanks in advance~