[vbox-dev] VBoxBFE or VirtualBox

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 13:10:22 GMT 2011

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 3:34 PM, Ribhi Kamal <rbhkamal at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem with COM (XPCOM too?) is that its very hard to lock down.
> Especially when %50+ of people run everything with admin privs. So I'm
> trying to reduce the attack vectors that can be done from the host OS on the
> virtualvbox installation it self.
>
> Can you please explain a bit about the "VM synchronization point" issue?

"VM synchronization point" is a single host management layer.

The biggest difference between Qemu and VirtualBox engines, from
programmer's point of view, is that if you write any program for Qemu,
you must reimplement management layer yourself.

VirtualBox already provides single-host management layer (via
VBoxSVC). Registered VMs. Each VM remembers it's parameters, such as
RAM, HDDs assigned, Network adapters (along with MAC addresses),
etc...

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"