[vbox-dev] build error

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed May 4 08:58:19 GMT 2011

On Friday 15 April 2011 19:34:58 Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
> On 15.04.2011 19:13, Tomo Vuckovic wrote:
> > virtual box svn build error :
> >
> > /svn-virtualbox/vbox/src/VBox/Devices/Network/SrvIntNetR0.cpp:2673:21:
> > error: array subscript is above array bounds [-Werror=array-bounds]
>
> Looks like a gcc incompatibility... for gcc >= 4.3.0 our Makefiles pass
> -Wno-array-bounds. Your gcc appears to be too stubborn to accept that,
> or you're overriding some flags which you shouldn't.

Actually we committed a bunch of gcc 4.6 fixes recently. They should
show up in the subversion repository in a few days. For the time being,
add

  VBOX_WITH_WARNINGS_AS_ERRORS :=

to your LocalConfig.kmk file in the root of the VBox sources.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com