[vbox-dev] Guest additions for Android

Vladimir Chtchetkine vchtch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 15:22:58 GMT 2011

Yep, it's Android x86, and yep, I need the cursor to emulate touch. I don't
really need full mouse integration at this point. All I need is mouse cursor
still being visible when mouse input is captured. Then I have a host app
that listens to mouse events in the guest, translates mouse events into
touch events, and sends them back to the guest via some socket protocol.
This is what I need in the nutshell:-) I'm not looking for a "product level"
solution. All I need is to evaluate how VBox can be used for x86 Android
emulation. What it takes to make it work, what it takes to maintain it, etc.
Making "touch" work is pretty good estimation for that. Especially
considering that I can't really get any further without touch working :-)

Thans to you all,

Vladimir