[vbox-dev] Guest additions for Android

Suman Saraf saraf_suman at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 24 15:19:26 GMT 2011

I have done this for my android-x86 build. The vanilla guest additions for Linux will not work. So you need to build vboxguest.ko with the kernel headers for your Android Linux kernel and write a small C program and STATICALLY link it, else it will not run on Android due to bionic and linker issues.
The small program needs to do VbglR3SetMouseStatus and link it to VBoxGuestR3LibShared.a and a bunch of others. Just run this binary in the init script for android and you will have a nice windows cursor which is much faster.
PS: Android doesn't use XPPS: android-x86 has a software cursor implementation.
Suman