[vbox-dev] Guest additions for Android

Vladimir Chtchetkine vchtch at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 14:56:58 GMT 2011

Thank you Michael,

I'm quite new to the Linux world, so forgive me if my questions are too
naive, but nevertheless, let me reiterate what I understood:

There is a vboxguest.ko module that can be (is?) installed on the guest
system and then can be used as a gate to VBox framework.
In order to access services, provided by vboxguest.ko I need to build
VBoxGuestLib.

So, my naive questions are:

1. Where do I get that vboxguest.ko module? Do I build it?
2. I was trying to build VBoxGuestLib (kmk -all while in
VBox/Additions/common/VBoxGuestLib), but it doesn't seem to produce any
meaningful output (no .o, not .a, and no .so files at all). So, how do I
build that library? Shouls I just include these source files into my
Makefile?

Thank you again,

Vladimir