[vbox-dev] Building VBoxGuestAdditions.iso

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Fri Mar 18 14:10:29 GMT 2011

On 17.03.2011 22:06, Vikram Kapoor wrote:
> Thanks Ramshankar. I am trying to get to a state where I can produce
> VBox binary as it ships and any help will be greatly appreciated!
>
> Is there anybody I can talk to about earlier questions I had about
> Windows build? I would like to avoid tripping over config mistakes.
>
> E.g. I get circbuf.cpp compile errors which require a simple patch to
> asm.h. But important question is whether code is out of sync or my
> settings wrong. So if you can confirm that OSE/SCN/truck compiles on
> windows in your setup, that will help a lot.

At the moment everyone in the VirtualBox team uses a carefully selected
set of build tools (essentially what's listed on the web page), so we're
using an extremely uniform setup. The versions often are relatively old,
which means that unless one has a MSDN subscription the exact same
versions are no longer available.

We're working on this (has to be low priority...), the plan is to fix
all issues in VirtualBox which prevent building with Visual Studio 2010
Express and other free of charge tools/libraries which can be downloaded
easily.

Klaus