[vbox-dev] How-to put keyboard scancodes ?

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 08:30:47 GMT 2011

Simple scancodes work fine, such as sending "q" letter:
console.keyboard.putScancode(0x10)

But how to put, say, caps lock, then "Q", then caps lock again, and small "q" ?
# caps lock pressed, locked
console.keyboard.putScancode(0x3a)
# 'Q' should be sent
console.keyboard.putScancode(0x10)
# caps lock pressed, unlocked
console.keyboard.putScancode(0x3a)
# 'q' should be sent
console.keyboard.putScancode(0x10)

This doesn't work. What's wrong ?
I tried to release caps lock with:
console.keyboard.putScancodes([0xf0,0x3a])
..no effect...

I got table here:
http://www.win.tue.nl/~aeb/linux/kbd/scancodes-10.html#translationtable
..and have no idea which set corresponds to VirtualBox.

I have read section "5.41.3 putScancode" of SDKRef.pdf, and
unfortunately in mentions zero about scancodes, where to get the
table, and how it should work...
Can you add more data in the SDKRef.PDF about it?

Qemu has much simpler architecture, where actual keys are translated
by the software, so I can send:
"tab" or "a" or "ctrl-alt-delete" or "alt-f4"... whatever.
I would like to see something similar in VirtualBox.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"