[vbox-dev] Recompiling and distributing VirtualBox -- Licensing

Ribhi Kamal rbhkamal at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 17:29:14 GMT 2011

Hi all,
I'm compiling and signing VBox 4.0.4 Host only interface. When users try to
install the driver on Windows 7, they get a warning from windows that the
driver didn't pass the windows logo test... which is fine. However, the
message says that name is "Name: Oracle Corporation Network adapters" and
then the second line states the that publisher is me (my certificate CN).

My question is the following:
Is it OK to leave the name as "Oracle Corporation Network adapters" or do I
have to change it to something without the mention of Oracle like
"VirtualBox Host Only Interface Driver"

In general, when compiling and distributing the OSE of virtualbox, do I have
to remove all mention of Oracle?

Thanks,
-- Ribhi