[vbox-dev] Tips or config on building/debugging 64bit EFI?

Fliflet, Brandon brandon.fliflet at intel.com
Tue Jan 25 17:35:55 GMT 2011

Hi all,
I am experimenting with some changes made to the EFI and DevVGA graphics unit for some internal testing capabilities.  I've successfully rebuilt the EFI using the EDK2 + VBox patches for 32bit but am having issues with the 64bit EFI.  I've resolved the build related issues related to differences in the toolchain used but the 64bit stalls during boot.  32bit boots fine (using the same tool chain).  Is there a recommend configuration for testing/debugging the EFI?  Are there any special build options or ways to 'bread crumb' my way through the boot?  Has anyone successfully rebuilt the 64bit EFI using a Windows based build environment?

EDK toolchain used: VS2005x86

Regards,
Brandon