[vbox-dev] Ubuntu package for headless installation

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Thu Jan 13 20:05:17 GMT 2011

On Thursday 13 January 2011 20:42:33 Dominik Springer wrote:
> For VirtualBox headless usage, libs for qt, x and sdl are not required.
> Anyway latest Virtualbox package for Ubuntu has those in its dependency
> list. Dependencies are handled very strict by the package management
> system and I see no option to ignore dependencies during installation.
> Would it be an option to have another package for headless setup with
> different dependencies?

Sure this would be an option but we don't intend to create another
30 Linux packages, sorry. You can still install the .run package which
does not have any package dependencies.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande