[vbox-dev] Regarding about the Pause function in Virtualbox SDK

John Lee skjl25 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 09:04:41 GMT 2011

On 2011-01-10 오후 5:45, Klaus Espenlaub wrote:
> On 10.01.2011 08:25, John Lee wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm having a problem with the Pause function within the Virtualbox SDK
>> 4.0.
>>
>> I'm using the same code that I used to test the VM via Virtualbox SDK
>> 3.2 but it seems like I'm having a trouble with the Pause/PowerDown with
>> the new SDK.
>>
>> The problem I'm facing is that whenever I call either Pause/PowerDown
>> while the VM is running, the application that I'm running presents the
>> seg fault message.
>
> No idea right now what's happening. I don't remember any API changes in
> this area, but can you double check that you're using the right SDK
> version? The BETA SDKs are not usable with the final 4.0.0.

My working environment is Ubuntu 10.10 and I'm using the Virtual Box 4.0
release version and downloaded the recent SDK from the website.

I have modified the tstXPComCGlue.c and try to control the VM once the
VM is started. When I was debugging the code, once the program calls the
either PowerDown or Pause function from the SDK, it stops with the "seg
fault" message displayed. So it is quite difficult for me to actually
see what cause the error.

With the same code and methodology, there wasn't a problem with the
Pause/PowerDown with the Virtualbox 3.2. So it is confusing to me...

Thank you.