[vbox-dev] Regarding about the Pause function in Virtualbox SDK

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Jan 10 08:45:41 GMT 2011

On 10.01.2011 08:25, John Lee wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having a problem with the Pause function within the Virtualbox SDK 4.0.
>
> I'm using the same code that I used to test the VM via Virtualbox SDK
> 3.2 but it seems like I'm having a trouble with the Pause/PowerDown with
> the new SDK.
>
> The problem I'm facing is that whenever I call either Pause/PowerDown
> while the VM is running, the application that I'm running presents the
> seg fault message.

No idea right now what's happening. I don't remember any API changes in
this area, but can you double check that you're using the right SDK
version? The BETA SDKs are not usable with the final 4.0.0.

There are very few details in your message about the environment, so not
sure how you can debug. "seg fault" seems to indicate some sort of Unix
platform though - can you enable core dumps and either look at it
yourself in a debugger to get a stack trace of the crash or provide the
URL to me?

Klaus