[vbox-dev] [Experiment]VRDE library for VNC

Howard Su howard0su at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 00:10:49 GMT 2011

Thank you for the support. I need several answers about VRDE from you:
1. what's type of HVRDESERVER? I use it as a void* in my code if you read
it. I am not sure if this is a right way.
2. When should I call queryproperty with VRDE_SP_NETWORK_BIND_PORT? Is this
something important as part of state transition.
3. when should i call ClientLogon? Is it mandatory? Should it happen right
after ClientConnected?
4. What sort of operations require lock framebuffer? It is not clear how to
use Lock/Unlock framebuffer callback.

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 10:10 PM, Vitali Pelenjow <Vitali.Pelenjow at oracle.com
> wrote:

> Good work. That was the goal of VRDE interface to allow others to write a
> remote desktop server.
>
> What kind of state transition you would like to know about?
> Is something not working as expected?

Thanks,
> Vitali
>
> Howard Su wrote:
>
>> I am experimenting a feature to implement VNC protocol server based on
>> VRDE interface.
>>
>> Due to lack of document, i am not sure if my understanding to the
>> interface is correct. Especially, i am not sure the state transition is
>> understood correctly. If someone in this list can give me a review, it will
>> help me moving forward.
>>
>> Current, the patch can work with OSE version as a "Built-in-VBoxVRDP". I
>> can successfully connect to VRDP with mouse support.
>>

>> --
>> -Howard

-Howard