[vbox-dev] [Experiment]VRDE library for VNC

Frank Mehnert frank.mehnert at oracle.com
Wed Feb 9 14:49:54 GMT 2011

On Wednesday 09 February 2011 15:15:16 Alexey Eromenko wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 3:46 PM, Howard Su <howard0su at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am experimenting a feature to implement VNC protocol server based on
> > VRDE interface.
> > Due to lack of document, i am not sure if my understanding to the
> > interface is correct. Especially, i am not sure the state transition is
> > understood correctly. If someone in this list can give me a review, it
> > will help me moving forward.
> > Current, the patch can work with OSE version as a "Built-in-VBoxVRDP". I
> > can successfully connect to VRDP with mouse support.
>
> Hi Howard !
>
> There was VNC support for VBox 3.2.x (OSE edition), but was dropped from
> v4.x.
>
> I would welcome VNC server back. Is this better to have as pat of the
> 'core' product or as an extension ?

Nothing was dropped. The source code still contains the VNC code as before.
Users have just to enable it (VBOX_WITH_VNC=1 in LocalConfig.kmk).

Kind regards,

Frank
--
ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert
Werkstrasse 24                     Staff Engineer, VirtualBox
71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:frank.mehnert at oracle.com

Rijnzathe 6, 3454PV De Meern, Niederlande