[vbox-dev] VBoxManage guestproperty enumerate <vmname> - flush cache?

Michael Thayer michael.thayer at oracle.com
Mon Dec 5 21:56:26 GMT 2011

Hello Andrea,

On 12/05/2011 10:01 PM, Andrea Turli wrote:
> I've still a question regarding this functionality: let's say I restart
> a vm after a change to the NIC (from NAT to bridged) I'd expect to see
> the new IP address immediately, but instead there is a "latency". Is
> there a way to avoid this kind of cache?
Not really, I'm afraid.  The problem is that it is the Guest Additions
which update the information (I seem to recall that they poll for it
every few seconds), and that they don't become active until some point
towards the end of the machine's boot process.  At best you could hack
the VM setup a bit (say the numbers in the init scripts) to get them
active earlier in the boot process.

Regards,

Michael

71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.com