[vbox-dev] VBoxManage guestproperty enumerate <vmname> - flush cache?

Andrea Turli andrea.turli at email.it
Mon Dec 5 21:01:42 GMT 2011

Thanks Michael for your kind answer,

I've still a question regarding this functionality: let's say I restart a
vm after a change to the NIC (from NAT to bridged) I'd expect to see the
new IP address immediately, but instead there is a "latency". Is there a
way to avoid this kind of cache?

Thanks,
Andrea

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 7:37 AM, Michael Thayer <michael.thayer at oracle.com>wrote:

> Hello Andrea,
>

> On 12/04/2011 10:27 PM, Andrea Turli wrote:
>
>> I'm trying to use this command
>> VBoxManage guestproperty  enumerate <vmname>
>> to retrieve the IP address of a machine.
>> Even if the VM is shutdown I retreve the properties of the vm.
>> Is there a way to flush the cache of this command?
>>
> I think this question belonged on <vbox-users-community at lists.**
> sourceforge.net <vbox-users-community at lists.sourceforge.net>> or the
> forums, not the developer list (follow-up there please!)  In any case,
> Guest Properties are not deleted when a virtual machine shuts down unless
> they are explicitly marked as "transient", which a quick look at the code
> suggests is not the case for the IP address (presumably so that people can
> query the last IP address an adapter in a machine was using before it was
> shut down).  So there is no cache to delete and this is intended behaviour
> (so that you don't have to worry about whether a machine is running or not
> to set or query its properties, and can "leave messages" for a machine
> which is currently shut down).
>
> Regards,
>
> Michael
> --
> ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG   Michael Thayer
> Werkstrasse 24                     VirtualBox engineering
> 71384 Weinstadt, Germany           mailto:michael.thayer at oracle.**com<michael.thayer at oracle.com>
>
> Hauptverwaltung: Riesstr. 25, D-80992 München
> Registergericht: Amtsgericht München, HRA 95603
>
> Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V.
> Hertogswetering 163/167, 3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
> Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Niederlande, Nr. 30143697
> Geschäftsführer: Jürgen Kunz, Marcel van de Molen, Alexander van der Ven

 Sponsor:

 Conto Arancio al 4,20%. Soldi sempre disponibili, zero spese, aprilo in due minuti!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11920&d=5-12