[vbox-dev] USB EHCI support under Windows

Bernhard Froehlich decke at bluelife.at
Mon Aug 22 11:25:19 GMT 2011

On Fri, 19 Aug 2011 17:02:12 +0200, Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> On Friday 22 July 2011 18:06:00 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> There appears to be a bug when cancelling USB transactions (removing them
>> from the EHCI schedule) on endpoints using the USB 2.0 mode, that the USB
>> device is automatically re-enumerated. Who is responsible for this part?
>> Is there any support available?
>
> Hi,
>
> Investigating this issue more properly, I see that VirtualBOX returns
> an error
> code when the Emulated OS tries to clear the stall on any endpoints. This in
> turn cause the Emulated OS (FreeBSD) to re-enumerate the device.
>
> Is this a bug or feature in VirtualBOX. Shouldn't clear-stall allways
> succeed,
> even if the data toggle value is not cared about?
>
> --HPS
>
> Fix for FreeBSD:
>
> http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/225000

Is this the problem that prevents USB sticks from beeing detected
correctly on Linux guests? I never got any USB stick properly detected
on Linux, FreeBSD or Windows 7 guests but we had quite a few success
reports for input devices and Windows XP guests so it seems to work fine
in some cases.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/