[vbox-dev] USB EHCI support under Windows

Hans Petter Selasky hselasky at c2i.net
Fri Aug 19 15:02:12 GMT 2011

On Friday 22 July 2011 18:06:00 Hans Petter Selasky wrote:
> Hi,
>
> There appears to be a bug when cancelling USB transactions (removing them
> from the EHCI schedule) on endpoints using the USB 2.0 mode, that the USB
> device is automatically re-enumerated. Who is responsible for this part?
> Is there any support available?

Hi,

Investigating this issue more properly, I see that VirtualBOX returns an error
code when the Emulated OS tries to clear the stall on any endpoints. This in
turn cause the Emulated OS (FreeBSD) to re-enumerate the device.

Is this a bug or feature in VirtualBOX. Shouldn't clear-stall allways succeed,
even if the data toggle value is not cared about?

--HPS

Fix for FreeBSD:

http://svn.freebsd.org/changeset/base/225000