[vbox-dev] Build OSE on Win7 x64

Mark Roddy mark.roddy at virtualcomputer.com
Fri Apr 29 20:12:35 GMT 2011

Vladimir,

I'd be happy to share. This has turned into a weekend project for me, so
you'll have to wait until I get some time at home for the gory details.

I'm attempting to use the latest released WDK (7600.16385.1) plus Visual
Studio 10.  Because of assorted comments in the build tools from vbox I
am convinced that they are using these components as well, but have not
released the correct kmake bits.

Because the vbox developers insist on mixing toolchains (visual
studio/sdk/wdk include files) they have huge problems with conflicting
definitions, particularly with the file "intrinsics.h" and "ntddk.h" (or
its cousin "wdm.h"). In my opinion they have gone way down a wrong path,
but that is just my opinion and I would be happy to go down that path
with them if they would just provide a map J.

I will send you more details sometime this weekend.