[vbox-dev] Build OSE on Win7 x64

Vladimir Chtchetkine vchtch at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 18:48:20 GMT 2011

Hi guys,

Sorry if this Q is not appropriate for this list, but I couldn't find a
better option.
So, I'm trying to build VBox on my Win7 x64 machine, and can't event get
past the configuration. The build requirement posted on virtualbox.org,
although clear, seem to be unachievable this day and age. At least as far as
getting gcc 3.3.x is concerned. I couldn't find its installation anywhere,
and gcc 4.x.x doesn't pass the config checker. It's also not clear whether I
can use VisualStudio 2008 to build VBox (seems like 2005 is OK, as well as
2010, but not 2008?) So, I guess, my question is are there any specific
instructions on how to build VBox on Win7 x64?

Again, sorry if this is wrong place to ask this typ of Q. If you can point
me somwhere else where it's more appropriate ("Building Vistual Box" topic
on the forum seems to be dead) I will appreciate it.

Thanks in advance,

Vladimir