[vbox-dev] guest application accessing host shared memory

Neeraj Singh neeraj.k.singh at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 09:53:13 GMT 2011

Hi Guys, this is my first email to the mailing-list. I want your expert
input on the following scenario:

I have linux box running an application. The application provides an
interface for other applications to communicate to it via a shared memory
block. I have another windows application( it's to be windows application
for reasons) that needs to talk to the application running on the linux box
via shared memory. I was hoping to be able to run a virtual-box instance on
the linux host and run windows application within that virtual machine . So,
the problem now is for the application running in the guest os(windows) to
be able to talk to the shared memory created by an application running on
host os(linux).

Any pointers and/or information is greatly appreciated.

Neeraj.
Neeraj Kumar Singh
Intel Tech. Pvt. Ltd.
+91-80-2605-5477