[vbox-dev] Session CLOSED

Klaus Espenlaub klaus.espenlaub at oracle.com
Mon Apr 18 07:52:23 GMT 2011

On 17.04.2011 13:03, edu cloud wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying a code to implement OpenRemoteSession. I have used the
> getSessionObject method and passed it to the open  the remote session.
> But this returns the error - VirtualBox Error : The session is not open.
> Please Advice. Can anyone please mail any sample codes that can help.

OpenRemoteSession? You're really writing new code which aims for version
3.2, when 4.0 is out for quite some time?

vboxshell.py is a rather big sample, which shows how to use pretty much
any aspect of the API. There are other samples included in the SDK.

I suspect that your code lacks the code to logon whenever you need a
separate session... getSessionObject returns always the same object for
a given websession, and thus I guess you're sharing one session object
for several independent operations. Can have rather confusing results.

Klaus