[vbox-dev] Guest OS IP address

Vincent Yau vyau1234 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 17 15:54:57 GMT 2011

Hi:

I am trying to figure out the IP addr of my guest OS.  Vbox network
config is using "NAT" and I have no special port-forwarding setup.
On my guest OS (Linux), my IP is 10.0.2.15.
I am able to go outside to internet.

On my host OS (Window 7), all IP is from my router in the 192.168* range.
The entry under "Ethernet adapter VirtualBox host-only network" is
listing an IP of 192.168.56.1

If I want to "ssh" from my host (Win 7) to my guest (linux), what is
the guest IP addr should I be using?
Or do I need to setup some special port forwarding mechanism on VBox?

Thanks

--Vincent