[vbox-dev] wddm driver

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:59:03 GMT 2010

Now the latest code of vbox support aero theme in vista & win7 32bit guests.
How about 64bit win7 guest? Is it also coming soon?

VirtualBox 3.3 is amazing!

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 7:37 PM, Mikhail Sennikovsky <
mikhail.sennikovsky at oracle.com> wrote:

>  You're right, we already have a kind-of working wddm driver for 32bit
> Vista & 7. The major advantage of wddm driver is that no system files
> replacement is needed any more and thus no safe mode guest addition install
> is required. Also Aero theme can now be enabled in guests.
> The major concern so far is performance and we're working on it.
> Alexey Eromenko already gave you a brief explanation on how guest 3d works.
> I can only add that wddm driver still uses wined3d internally and translates
> d3d requests to opengl commands being passed to host via "Chromium".
>
> Mikhail
>

> On 9/21/2010 4:43 AM, Geoff Nordli wrote:
>
>  I keep seeing commits going into SVN regarding a WDDM driver for Windows?
> It looks like it is getting quite a bit of attention, is that right?
>

> Another note, when doing 3D generation, is it using the host’s graphics
> card?  If so, how does that work when multiple virtual machines are running
> at the same time?
>

> Thanks,
>

> Geoff

Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info
Fedora Project Contributor -- Packager && Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liangsuilong