[vbox-dev] wddm driver

Alexey Eromenko al4321 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 05:58:22 GMT 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 2:43 AM, Geoff Nordli <geoffn at gnaa.net> wrote:
> I keep seeing commits going into SVN regarding a WDDM driver for Windows? It
> looks like it is getting quite a bit of attention, is that right?
>

> Another note, when doing 3D generation, is it using the host’s graphics
> card?  If so, how does that work when multiple virtual machines are running
> at the same time?

All Virtual Machines, that have "3D acceleration enabled", use host's
3D card, and render to host's OpenGL (via "Chromium" software layer).
Host sees multiple VMs like multiple normal OpenGL applications.

Read chapter: "4.5. Hardware-accelerated graphics" of the User Manual.

--
-Alexey Eromenko "Technologov"