[vbox-dev] is virtstor being implemented?

Huihong Luo huisinro at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 01:56:46 GMT 2010

I know the virtio for network is implemented in vbox, are there any plans implementing that for storage?

If not, I can contribute to this, as we are very familiar with virtua disk stuff, as we do in our VBoot technology, which boots a real pc using a virtual disk, and it's close to native performance.

What I am thinking is to use a virtual PCI device, and provide guest drivers. The PCI needs to be very performing in passing disk blocks.

Not sure if current shared folder implementation is good enough, if so, we can easily pass the read/write using the current shared folder service to read/write the virtual disk file.

- Huihong