[vbox-dev] VRDE in OSE

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 06:50:10 GMT 2010

What about SPICE? SPICE looks much better than VNC. We are talking about it
in the past? Is there any news that SPICE merge into vbox-ose?

2010/10/12 Achim Hasenmüller <achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com>

> On Oct 11, 2010, at 22:25 , Geoff Nordli wrote:
>
>  I see a commit where the VRDP has been changed to VRDE, and VRDE is
> showing up in the OSE version.
>
> Does this mean RDP server is going to be available in the OSE?
>

> No, the RDP server is not going to be OSE. The current API is very much
> biased towards VRDP and it's not possible to fit other remote protocols into
> the API. The OSE VNC support isn't well integrated and what we're working on
> is generalizing the VRDP API (it's called VRDE now, VirtualBox Remote
> Desktop Extension) so that VNC and others can be integrated at the same
> level of functionality as VRDP. Note that we do not plan to migrate the VNC
> support to the new API, this will require some work by the maintainer or
> other community members.
>
> Achim

Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info
Fedora Project Contributor -- Packager && Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liangsuilong