[vbox-dev] VRDE in OSE

Achim Hasenmüller achim.hasenmueller at oracle.com
Tue Oct 12 06:15:36 GMT 2010

On Oct 11, 2010, at 22:25 , Geoff Nordli wrote:

> I see a commit where the VRDP has been changed to VRDE, and VRDE is showing up in the OSE version.
>
> Does this mean RDP server is going to be available in the OSE?

No, the RDP server is not going to be OSE. The current API is very much biased towards VRDP and it's not possible to fit other remote protocols into the API. The OSE VNC support isn't well integrated and what we're working on is generalizing the VRDP API (it's called VRDE now, VirtualBox Remote Desktop Extension) so that VNC and others can be integrated at the same level of functionality as VRDP. Note that we do not plan to migrate the VNC support to the new API, this will require some work by the maintainer or other community members.

Achim