[vbox-dev] How to use built-in VM debugger?

Алексеев Павел Aleks2071 at yandex.ru
Fri May 21 16:40:16 GMT 2010

Hi!
I've got new version VB, 3.2.0 number. I've read pdf-manual...

How can I use built-in VM debugger?

I used buid options like this:

kmk VBOX_WITH_DEBUGGER_GUI=1 VBOX_WITH_DEBUGGER=1

Is it right? What options should I use?

The VirtualBox was build, I saw new menu "debug", but it did not work. I've used guest OS Ubuntu, it works good.

I've used command line options like "-dbg" and enviroment variables VBOX_GUI_DBG_ENABLED and  VBOX_GUI_DBG_AUTO_SHOW. It did not help.

There is two ways to use debugger, throw telnet or internal console. (It is from pdf-manual)

how can I open debugger console?