[vbox-dev] Using HGCM

Vitali Pelenjow Vitali.Pelenjow at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 1 10:54:42 GMT 2010

Hi Nev,

currently you can use only already existing HGCM services. That is
VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost actually is not supported.

This means that using your own HGCM service is possible only with VBox
OSE, where you can add code, which loads the HGCM service.
A service can be loaded using VMMDev::hgcmLoadService (see
src/VBox/Main/VMMDevInterface.cpp and  ConsoleImpl2.cpp for examples).

HGCM service library name can be anything. The hgcmLoadService takes 2
parameters: library name and the service name.
On Linux 'dlopen' is used to load the library.

Best regards,
Vitali.