[vbox-dev] Using HGCM

Michael Thayer Michael.Thayer at Sun.COM
Mon Mar 1 10:03:05 GMT 2010

Hello Nev,

Le lundi 01 mars 2010 à 08:56 +1100, Nev a écrit :
> I have been unable to get past the HGCM_CONNECT call.
>
> If I replace my service name "TestVboxHgcm" with "VboxSharedClipboard",
> and change then type from
> VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost to VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost_Existing
>
> I can get a successful connect.
If I understood correctly, you are talking about connecting to a service
from the guest.  I'm no expert on the inner workings of the HGCM code,
but a quick grep reveals the following code inside
src/VBox/Devices/VMMDev/VMMDevHGCM.cpp:

    /* Only allow the guest to use existing services! */
    Assert(pHGCMConnectCopy->loc.type ==
VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost_Existing);
    pHGCMConnectCopy->loc.type = VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost_Existing;

So I assume that only "VMMDevHGCMLoc_LocalHost_Existing" is currently
supported.

Regards,

Michael
--
Sun Microsystems GmbH        Michael Thayer
Werkstrasse 24               VirtualBox engineer
71384 Weinstadt, Germany     mailto:michael.thayer at sun.com

Sitz der Gesellschaft:
Sun Microsystems GmbH, Sonnenallee 1, 85551 Kirchheim-Heimstetten
Amtsgericht Muenchen: HRB 161028
Geschaeftsfuehrer: Thomas Schroeder, Wolfgang Engels