[vbox-dev] VirtualBox Load HGCM Host Service

Anirudh Bagde anidev.aelico at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 01:28:59 GMT 2010

I finally figured out how to make it work. I had first built VBox OSE
without hardening, but I was getting an error "kernel driver not
accessible". Then I trid to build with hardening, but it didn't allow me to
use my own files and I didn't want to modify such an integral part of VBox.
I rebuilt it without hardening again. This time I tweaked some permissions
with /dev/vboxdrv and I reinstalled the package virtualbox-ose-dkms. My host
service is now loading successfully.

Thanks to Andreas for telling me how to load my service from within
ConsoleImpl2.cpp.